Endodontics for tooth decay
Root canal treatment treats disorders of the nerve of the tooth. The most common factors contributing to a need for a root canal treatment are Physical trauma to the tooth. Physical irritation is caused by deep decay or a large filling. (Affordable root canal near me)
Affordable root canal near me
A root canal is a treatment to repair and save a badly damaged or infected tooth. The procedure involves removing the damaged area of the tooth (the pulp), cleaning and disinfecting it, and then filling and sealing it. The common causes affecting the pulp are a cracked tooth, a deep cavity, repeated dental treatment to the tooth, or trauma. The term "root canal" comes from the cleaning of the canals inside the tooth's root.
Are root canals painful?
Thanks to modern anesthetics and techniques, root canals are safe and generally well-tolerated. Most procedures take no more than 90 minutes and the majority of people can return to work and other normal activities right away.
You may experience some swelling, tenderness, or general discomfort in the days following your procedure, but over-the-counter medications should provide adequate relief.
If you have a tooth that may require a root canal, call or use the online booking tool to make an appointment today for an affordable root canal near me
What to Expect During a Root Canal?
If you think you need a root canal, consult your dentist. There are a number of steps that occur over a few office visits for an affordable root canal near me
- X-ray – if a dentist suspects you may need a root canal, he will first take X-rays or examine existing X-rays to show where the decay is located.
- Anesthesia – local anesthesia is administered to the affected tooth. Contrary to popular belief, a root canal is no more painful than a filling.
- Pulpectomy – an opening is made and the diseased tooth pulp is removed.
- Filling – the roots that have been opened (to get rid of the diseased pulp) are filled with gutta-percha material and sealed off with cement.
Useful Health Tips
The most obvious symptom associated with root canals is tooth pain, but not every toothache is caused by infected or inflamed tooth pulp. Other telltale symptoms include:
- Pain when biting or chewing
- Tender or swollen gums
- Darkening of the tooth
As the infection gets worse, it can also cause ulcers or open wounds to form on your gums or cheeks. If you’re experiencing these or any other similar symptoms, contact Dr. Jue and the team at A Beautiful Smile at Lake Pointe right away.